1.5.07

Bokurano ep. 3

While I thought that Bokurano was going to be really good, considering the ending of ep. 2, ep. 3 ruined it for me. After the first ep., I could already see where this series was going. Ep. 2 through me for a loop; either (a) the pilots did not have to die after piloting, or (b) they died in creative ways brought about by their friends. (b) would have been great b/c then the future pilots would have to match their willpower w/ fate and see which triumphed. Unfortunately, the option taken by the series is comparatively boring.

All is not lost b/c of the predictability. I'm still curious to see how some of the characters will deal w/ the collateral damage incurred when they engage enemies. It seems to me that the characters are still far too detached from the casualties for which they are responsible. Maybe (hopefully) this will change in the next ep., considering they just went to a funeral.


It will also be fun to see how the children react when they discover that they are all doomed.

No comments: