4.11.07

Welcome to the NHK

Ahh, to be a hikikomori. True, I'm fairly reclusive myself, but damn... And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to shunning my classmates and holing myself up in my boarding house room for that month I'll spend in Tokyo this summer. (I really hope I too have a talking refrigerator!)

But seriously, if you haven't seen the anime or read the manga, go to the onemanga or whatever link over on the right side of this page and DO IT MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!

Now that you've read the manga, it's now time to DOWNLOAD THE ANIME MOTHERFUCKER!@!@@@!!!!!!

Alrighty then, now that you've finished, do I even need to write this? What the hell right? It's only 9pm and I still have like a ton of hw to do b/f tomorrow, so it's a great time to be doing this!

To start w/, the story's about a college dropout who's w/drawn from society and lives off of money sent to him by his parents. He has various adventures, including attempting to create and ero[tic] (or hentai) game, suffering abuse from an 18yr old high school dropout, and trying, unsuccessfully, to hook up w/ his high school senpai who pops pillz like dey waz candy ya hurd. (sorry, my ghetto slipped out.) anyway, it's probably the
GODDAMN FUNNIEST MOTHERFUCKING anime/manga EVERRRR!!!!!! I mean, imagine power thirst, but funny . There ya go, biznitch.

So, anyway there might be some spoilers, so don't read any more if you don't want to. The ending in the anime was a hell of a lot better. This is my primary complaint. It seems like the mangaka just didn't have time to bring the series to a proper conclusion. I mean, in the anime, Satou was on the verge of starvation and was forced to finally get out of his apt. and get a job after Yamazaki left. The anime ended w/ Yamazaki back in Hokaido running the family farm and married and Satou working lame jobs and tutoring Misaki, who was back in high school. In the manga, on the other hand, it just ends w/ Satou saying how he and Misaki lived in the apartment for 2 weeks after Yamazaki left, how he tried to like Misaki, and how relationships just fall apart in time. Maybe I'm just a romantic (I am) who just prefers happy endings (I do). So the way the manga ended just sucked for me (like a $10 hooker...(・_・)
... just kidding).

Anyway, the manga was better b/c it went a little farther w/ the humor. For example:
BUSTED!!!!

I'm still laughing at this part. I mean, it's totally fucking hilarious. I won't ruin the rest of this scene (cause I know of the 0 people that read this, 0 have read the manga).

Conclusion
So, anyway, the overall story is great b/c a lot of people (losers like me) can relate to Satou and adhere to much of the philosophy caricatured in NHK. That's what it all comes down to - a decent point of view that is portrayed in a most hilarious and entertaining fashion. That's why you should watch or read NHK ni Youkoso (aka NHK ni Yokoso, or Welcome to the NHK).

No comments: