25.4.07

FF XII

So I finished Final Fantasy 12 about a month ago, and I was terribly disappointed with it. While the Gambit system is fucking tight as shit, I just couldn't bring myself to give a damn about the characters. I know most people prefer XII to X, but X was just way better because I cared about whether Yuna and Tidus wound up together. In XII, I don't even think Vaan had a romantic interest. Maybe I'm just placing too much emphasis on the romantic aspects of the games (I know that may be lame, but who cares?).

What's more, the ending to FF X was just great; it was depressing and realistic considering the existential circumstances. The ending to FF XII is just too happy for me. Plus, even if the entire FF XII world was completely obliterated, I wouldn't have given a shit. I probably would've been happy just because I'd have seen some bad-ass (yes, that IS hyphenated) animation when it was destroyed.

No comments: