30.4.07

Darker than Black #4


I just finished Darker than Black, ep. 4 and it was, as were the first 3 eps, tight. I really thought that ep. 3 would be the end of that last little story (was I alone in this?). Luckily, however, that was not the case and things just became considerably more interesting. We learn more about the contractors and see Mai distraught over what she has become and what she is capable of. We also learn what the deal was w/ the seed in her wrist.


There are also a couple of short, but nicely animated and executed fight scenes w/ plenty of gore. More gore -> more enjoyment.

The only thing that I thought was kinda lame was Mai's power. Straight out of a Stephen King book. How about coming up w/ something more original next time?

Since I haven't commented on it b/f, the OP is decent. It sounds like a Japanese take on southern metal. Also, the ED is done by Rie Fu (who also performed the "Life is Like a Boat" ED for Bleach).

No comments: